Our property and development team act for corporate and private owners, investors, developers, landlords and tenants. We have some of Australia’s most significant private land owners and developers as our clients and have managed their property affairs for many years.
We provide a comprehensive, full service solution for our clients based on industry leading expertise and a deep knowledge of market issues and trends.
We work hand in hand with our clients so that we ‘get’ all aspects of the deal and partner with them to complete their transactions in the most timely, commercially effective and efficient manner possible.
Our industry knowledge allows us to understand and advise on the issues that drive all stakeholders, whether on our side or the other side of the transaction.
Our expertise and experience
Our property and development specialists have extensive experience in the full range of issues that arise in property and development related transactions and disputes including:
- Acquisitions and disposals, including due diligence
- Building, construction and infrastructure projects
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Financing and structuring
- Property development
- Planning and environment
- Retail, commercial and industrial leasing
- Strata and community title
- Joint venture arrangements
- Workouts and sales of distressed assets
- Acting for a private property fund on the acquisition of a significant Sydney CBD building which included complex issues surrounding the lease due diligence, easement concerns and other related matters.
- Acting for a high net worth private company on its acquisition of a supermarket site with partially completed premises intended for lease by an ASX top 50 company involved in retail. Our role included purchaser due diligence, advising on and negotiating all key transaction documents including the Contract for Sale of Land, Agreement for Lease, proposed long term Lease and agreements with the developer and builder to complete the construction of the premises, advising on GST and stamp duty issues and effecting the settlement of the transaction.
- Acting and advising on the purchase of a major shopping centre in Regional New South Wales.
- Advising the World Square owners’ corporation on the management agreement with an adjoining owners’ corporation.
- Acting and advising on ‘Greenfields’ subdivisions for various property developer clients, including the drafting of Section 88B Instruments and advising on complex planning and other related commercial matters.
- Acting on a number of Native Title Act non-claimant applications on behalf of various property developer clients.
- Acting for various high worth private companies on the sale of a range of large and complex commercial and industrial premises transactions.
- Acting for several corporate developers on the sale of subdivided lots in a number of development sites, including advising on the appropriate development models, assisting with issues related to development applications and consents, drafting key transaction documents, including the master ‘off the plan’ contracts and Section 88B Instruments, and effecting settlement of the individual property sales.
- Acting for a private company with large rural land holdings on the purchase, sale and development of these land holdings. Our client carried out logging of the sites prior to their development and we also advised on all issues arising pursuant to their rights and obligations under various logging consents and agreements.
- Acting for a range of landlords and tenants in retail, commercial and industrial leasing matters, including conducting all leasing work for the owner of a shopping centre with major retail tenants including Woolworths, Coles and Australia Post.
- The creation, variation and extinguishment of various types of real property interests including easements, restrictions on use of land and covenants.
- Drafting and issuing loan and security documents for various finance company clients both on a bespoke transaction and high volume basis.