Our corporate and commercial team have extensive expertise and experience in all aspects of corporate and commercial law and act for listed corporations, private companies and individuals in a wide range of industries.
We get to know our clients’ businesses and work with them to deliver outcomes and solutions that meet their needs in the most effective and efficient manner available. Our clients value our pragmatic approach to ‘getting the deal done’ or ‘solving the problem’.
We not only look at the legal issues in a transaction or matter, but also the wider commercial ramifications of our advice. Our lawyers are able to achieve this through a combination of our specialist legal expertise, strong industry knowledge and a deep understanding of our clients and their businesses.
Our expertise and experience
Our corporate and commercial clients are a core part of our practice and our team advise them on a wide range of issues affecting their business interests including:
- Commercial agreements
- Competition and consumer law
- Corporate structures and restructuring
- Debt and equity financing
- Directors’ duties and corporate governance
- Due diligence
- Joint ventures, partnerships and co-ownership arrangements
- Legal and regulatory compliance and risk management
- Market regulators, including ASIC, ASX and ACCC
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Acting for a private lender in the preparation of a suite of security documentation to secure its interests against a range of high value mining and related chattels.
- Acting for a number of clients in the preparation of relevant security deeds and the creation and registration of PPSA interests.
- Advising a national labour supply contractor on the review and drafting of their labour supply and associated commercial agreements.
- Acting on the sale of a large CBD hotel and liquor outlet, including the transfer of associated supply agreements, the assignment of all real property and chattel leases and the transfer of all relevant liquor licenses.
- Acting for the vendor on the sale of a private bus company business, including the transfer of all associated real property and chattel assets.
- Acting on the purchase of a number of childcare centres for our client group, including advising on relevant PPSA implications, industry permits and regulations, due diligence issues, stamp duty and taxation matters.
- Negotiating, advising on and drafting a services and software agreement with a major Australian Bank on behalf of our client.
- The negotiation and preparation of a loan facilities agreement for a NSW Authority.
- Drafting and advising a NSW racing club in relation to a property management agreement.
- The provision of advice and the establishment of appropriate structures and associated documentation for a number of overseas clients seeking to commence operations in Australia.
- Drafting a management buy in agreement on behalf of a successful Australian software supply company.
- Drafting and establishing all requisite loan and security documentation on behalf of an US fund that lends working capital finance to Australian businesses.
- Advising on and drafting the terms and conditions of sale for an overseas based supplier of agricultural supplements to Australian farmers.
- Drafting and advising on various loan agreements in order to comply with related party taxation provisions.