– Insolvency and reconstruction
– Dispute resolution and litigation
– Corporate and commercial
Colin is a consultant solicitor and specialises in the areas of insolvency and reconstruction and commercial litigation. Colin worked as a legal executive in London for a number of years, returning to practice in Australia in 2005.
A member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA), Colin has a strong background in the insolvency area and acts for secured and unsecured creditors, commercial entities, administrators, liquidators, bankruptcy trustees and other insolvency practitioners across a range of industry sectors, as well as advising individuals, boards and company directors on all aspects of insolvency law.
Colin also acts for private and corporate clients involved in a broad range of commercial disputes, particularly in respect of contractual and commercial transactions. Colin engages in ADR and has resolved a number of large and complex commercial disputes for the firm’s clients.
Specifically, Colin regularly advises:
- Insolvency practitioners in respect of all issues arising out of insolvency arrangements including Corporations and Bankruptcy Act powers and asset recovery actions.
- Business owners and company officers in relation to their rights, duties and obligations in both insolvency and non-insolvency contexts.
- Creditors in actions to recover debts or trace assets, as well as strengthening their position through improved trading terms and security interests.
- Debt recovery litigation.
- Parties seeking to structure businesses and personal arrangements so as to provide legally enforceable asset protection outcomes.
- Private and corporate clients involved in commercial disputes and litigation.